It is no secret that medical, dental, and cosmetic surgery procedures in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom are spiraling upwards at an alarming rate. This is the main reason why Medical Tours Costa Rica has teamed with some of the finest doctors, dentists, and cosmetic surgeons in the region.
It is through this undertaking that we are able to offer you some of the best physicians, dentists, and plastic surgeons in the region, the best available health care, and they are all provided at affordable prices. By traveling to Costa Rica for your medical, dental, or cosmetic surgery procedure, you will save up to 70% (sometimes even more depending on the type of procedure you select) off what you would have had to pay at home for the same procedure.
|name:||Dr Oscar Oeding|
|Qualifications:||Orthopedic procedures and treatment are under the care of Doctor Oscar Oeding Bermudez. At Medical Tours Costa Rica, we have tried to bring together the best doctors in their respective fields so that you can have a one-stop website where you can get any medical issue resolved. We feel we have the best orthopedic surgeon in the region in Doctor Oscar Oeding, but don’t take our word for it. You will find a double knee replacement testimonial of a surgery done by Doctor Oscar Oeding. The video provides first-hand testimony of the treatment and care you can expect if you opt for an orthopedic procedure by Doctor Oscar Oeding.|
Specialties:Orthopedic Surgeon. Hip, knee, shoulder replacement surgery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree: College of Le Salle. Cartagena. Colombia. 1984. VERIFIED.
- Surgeon Physician:. Barranquilla University. Colombia. From 1984 to 1991.
- Degree recognized by the University of Costa Rica since February 13, 1997.
- Recognized by the Costa Rican College of Physicians and Surgeons since November 7, 1997. VERIFIED 11/15/2006.
- Rotating Intern. Performed at the Barranquilla University Hospital, June 12, 1989 to June 11, 1990, in Barranquilla, Colombia. VERIFIED 12/02/2006.
- Orthopedist – Specialist in Orthopedic and Traumatology:
- University of Costa Rica. From 1992 to 1996. Title recognized by the Juan de Dios Hospital, the Social Insurance of Costa Rica, The Strategic Development Center and Health Information and Social Security (CENDEISS).
- University Professor In Health Sciences ((FUCODOCSA)
- Recognized by the Costa Rican College of Physicians and Surgeons from Nov. 7, 1997 to November 7, 2007. VERIFIED 11/14/2006.
- 1984 – 1991 University del Norte, Colombia, S. A. Barranquilla, Col Licensed in Medicine and Surgery.
- 1992 – 1996 Costa Rica University San Jose , CR
- International Affiliate Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons – membership current.
- Major Orthopedic Procedures through 2007 – 2010
- Arthroscopic Knee (Meniscal Repair) – 490
- ACL Repair – 327
- Total Knee Replacements – 450
Double Knee Replacement Surgery Video Testimonial:
- Total Hip Replacements – 577
- Shoulder Surgeries (arthroscopic and open) – 498
- Costa Rica 60%
- USA 20%
- South America 8%
- Canada 4%
- Other 8%
- Are you board certified? Yes, medical license # 4990.
- What happens in case of a medical emergency (if something goes wrong)?We have emergency protocols to deal with emergency situations.
- What is the typical follow up for your most commonly performed procedures and what do those include?10 days follow up, with physical therapy and control visits.
- Are your surgeries assisted? If so by whom and what are their credentials?My assistants are board certified orthopedic surgeons also.
- Do you specialize in certain procedures (more so than others)? Shoulder and knee arthroscopy; hip, shoulder and knee replacements.
- How many procedures do you perform a day?Three or four per day.
- How will I get my care and medication when I’m discharged from the clinic/hospital? I’ll do follow up visits and take care of any problem.
- Are there consultation fees? If you pay for a procedure that includes follow up visits.
- Do you speak English?Yes, I do.
|name:||Dr Jacobo Zafrani|
|Qualifications:||Doctor Jacobo Zafrani, MD, is in charge of Weight Loss , Bariatric surgery and metabolic surgery to reverse Type 2 Diabetes for the Medical Tours Costa Rica Medical Group. Doctor Zafrani is among the leading weight loss/bariatric surgery experts in the region. He is also a regional pioneer in metabolic surgery to reverse type 2 diabetes.|
DOCTOR JACOBO ZAFRANI SPECIALIZES IN BARIATRIC SURGERY – WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY – TYPE 2 DIABETES TREATMENT:
Doctor Zafrani’s Specialties are:Bariatric or Weight loss and Metabolic Surgery (to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes) Minimal Invasive Surgery. He is a licensed to surgeon in Costa Rica and Panama
Education & TrainingUACA university is where doctor Zafrani began his medical studies and training, and he graduated in 1996 as a general practitioner. After a successful career as a general practitioner, he continued his studies and medical training, and he graduated as a general surgeon from the University of Costa Rica in 2004.
The doctor has also completed:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy training with Dr. Garnier (known as the Father of Sleeve Gastrectomy) at Cornell University in New York, 2005.
- Basic training and course work in laparoscopic surgery procedures, Cendeis.
- Advanced training and course work in laparoscopic surgery procedures, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina.Training and course work in laparoscopic colorectal surgery, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina.
- Training and course work in gastric banding (Inhamed), Panama.
- Training and course work in gastric sleeve procedures, NY USA.
- VAC, Panama.
- Post graduate training in bariatric surgery, ALACE 2006.
- Coordinated the first training seminar for advanced laparoscopic surgery procedures in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Masters of Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery, USA, 2008.
- Speaker for 1st national congress in Guayaquil, 2008.
- Trainer in CIELTA for general surgery courses.
- Trainer in ATLS in Costa Rica.
- Minifellowship in gastric bypass and metabolic surgery in Sao Paolo, Brazil, 2010
- Course in SILS surgery, 2010.
- Speaker for fisrt meeting of laparoscopic surgery, Ecuador, 2007.
- Speaker for the 3th residents national congress in Salvador, 2008.
- Speaker for the National Congress in Costa Rica, 2010.
- Speaker for the Clinical Journeys in Omni Hospital, Ecuador, 2010.
- Speaker for the Medical Journeys of Clinica Biblica Hospital, 2011.
- Speaker for the Latin American chapter of IFSO meeting, 2011.
- Speaker for the IFSO meeting in hamburg, Germany, 2011
Merits and Surgical Experience:Doctor Jacobo Zafrani is a w ell-experienced bariatric surgeon who has performed over 3,500 surgeries. In fact, he performs approximately 300 bariatric or weight loss surgeries on an annual basis. You will be hard-pressed to find a more-experienced, better qualified bariatric surgeon in the region. In 2006, Doctor Jacobo Zafrani successfully performed a metabolic surgery to reverse type 2 diabetes for the first time. Since then, he has successfully performed more than 200 metabolic surgeries. He is, in fact, the foremost metabolic surgeon for a multi-center study in this area.
Certifications, Memberships & Affiliations:
- IFSO, member and representative for Costa Rica
- Founder and president of ACROMTA
- College International of Chirugiens (Surgeons)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Medical Union
- Society of Costa Rican Surgeons
- Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Association of International Surgeons
- IFSO (the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity)
- Member and co-founder of metabolic and obesity surgery of Guayaquil society
- Member and co-founder for robotic surgery of Guayaquil society
- Director and founder of CIELTA (training center for laparoscopic surgery and others techniques
- Member of the MTA (medical tourism association)
- Member of AMN
- Member of the Joint Commission International (JCI)
Contact Information:If you want to arrange a video conference with Doctor Zafrani to receive any and all information you require in order to decide whether metabolic surgery designed to reverse type 2 diabetes, gastric sleeve, laparoscopic gastric bypass, or some other type of weight loss surgery is right for you, then call 1-866-665-6433. Otherwise, fill out the no obligation contact form and one of our consultants will be in touch with you and give you all the information you need regarding Doctor Jacobo Zafrani and the weight loss surgery options that are available.
|name:||Dr Carlos Esclante|
|Specialty:||Gynecology and Obstetrics|
|Qualifications:||Dr. Escalante is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and a member of the International Menopause Society. He is a prized international researcher of menopausal women’s health.|
|name:||Dr Adrian Caceres|
|Specialty:||Pediatric Neurosurgery, Head Injury, Neurovascular Surgery, Surgical Neuro-oncology, Craniofacial Disorders, Epilepsy Surgery, Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery|
|Qualifications:||Dr Adrian Caceres has fellowships from Harvard Medical School and Northwestern University. He is member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery and the North American Spine Society..|
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? get a free quote